- A cauliflower (organic is generally more nutritious)
- A packet of cashews (salted or unsalted, your choice)
- Water to add.
- A steamer
- A blender
Here’s what you do.
- Chop up a cauliflower and put it in a steamer with the packet of cashews (yes, you’ll steam those too).
- Steam for 35 min.
- Remove from the steamer and put all into a blender whizzing it all for 1 min,
- add small amounts of water into the mix until mixture goes from porridge texture to soup texture.
- Add salt/pepper if you like
- Serve into bowls (with GF/CF toast if you like).
For those of you who are a fire danger 😉 you can use an electric steamer on a timer so it automatically turns itself back off and sounds a buzzer to tell you it’s all done.
If you don’t do steaming, you can boil the cauliflower and cashews instead but you lose much of the nutrients into the water that way. Steaming is nutritionally better.